Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

easy baby poems is english

"A baby"

Ten little fingers,
Ten tiny toes,
The sweetest of smiles
And a cute little nose.
All these add up
To a very special thing...
A baby ---
The greatest of gifts
That life can bring.

"A Message for My Child"

I wish that I could show you
all the things that I have seen.

I wish that I could take you
everywhere that I have been.

I wish that I could indicate
the places where I fell,

And keep you, thus, from tripping
on those “rougher” spots as well.

I wish that I could do all this
and save you from the strife.

But I know that I’d be sparing you
the lessons of your life.

And you must learn those lessons
as hard as that may be,

Just know that you will always have
a helping hand from me.

"A baby"

Ten little fingers,
Ten tiny toes,
The sweetest of smiles
And a cute little nose.
All these add up
To a very special thing...
A baby ---
The greatest of gifts
That life can bring.

"Baby's First Night Home"

Tonight as you lie sleeping
For the first time in your bed,
There must be something lasting
And profound that should be said.

But as your face is gazed upon
Framed by your soft, dark hair
No words can tell or quite express
The feelings that we share.

The wait is finally over
You're home, at last, to stay.
And there will always be the memories
Of the joy that filled this day.

With a love that's running over
By the sight of you alone
Welcome home, dear cherished one,
At long last welcome home!

"Baby"


by George MacDonald
Where did you come from, baby dear?
Out of the everywhere into the here.

Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.

What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.

Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.

What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.

What makes your cheek like the warm white rose?
I saw something better than anyone knows.

Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.

Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.

Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itself into bonds and bands.

Feet, where did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherub’s wings.

How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought about you, and so I am here.

"Beautiful Baby"

Beautiful baby,
How did you come to be?
Did you fall from the sky
or the branch of a tree?

Beautiful baby,
How did it happen then?
were you hatched from an egg
like a robin or a hen?

Or is the rumor true perhaps,
about the cabbage patch?

Beautiful baby,
What is the recipe?
Can I find it in a book
or on a box of Sara Lee?

Can I make it, bake it, can it, shake it,
put it in a jar?

Beautiful baby,
It's just I can't believe
an unearthly miracle like you
could really come from me.

" A Baby is a Miracle"

This little tiny baby
Was sent from God above
To fill our hearts with happiness
And touch our lives with love
He must have known
We'd give our all
And always do our best
To give our precious baby love
And be grateful and so blessed

"Blessed be"

Blessed be innocence, smiles from the heart,
Small dimpled fingers that take things apart,

Noses that wrinkle at spinach and such,
Eyes filled with wonder for they see so much.

Blessed be questions with no easy answers,
Bubble-bath swimmers and mud-puddle dancers,

Climbers and diggers and builders and bakers,
Dreamers and gigglers and up-at-dawn wakers.

Hearts that are gentle, wills that are strong,
Minds learning left from right and right from wrong

Blessed be hugs that wrap around your knees,
Sweet angel voices that sigh "Once more, Please?"

Blessed be, "Read me a story" and then,
Blessed be each whispered, "Bless me...Amen."

Blessed be sleepy eyes, each little yawn...
Blessed be childhood before it is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment